DIY Coconut Hair Mask
Taking care of our hair is an essential part of our daily beauty routine. We use different kinds of conditioners, shampoos andface masks in order to make our hair look healthy and shiny. But what we don’t know is that all the chemicals in the products we use tend to damage the hair more than they help and often pile up in our hair and stop it from growing.
That’s why the best why to help our hair and make it healthy and strong is to use home-made masks and treatments that are free from all the bad chemicals and contain only natural ingredients. The mask I am going to share with you right now is a home-madecoconut hair mask that will help your damaged dry hair be healthy again. It will repair and moisture it and it will give it the softness you were missing. You can do this mask once a week if the problem is serious, or twice a month if you just want to give your hair a special treatment.
Here is what you need to make this mask:
1 tbsp. Organic coconut oil
1 tbsp. Organic raw honey
Shower cap (optional)
Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and if you want to add a little something to the mask, just pour everything in a sauce pan and heat it just a little so you can easily apply it on your hair. You can do it either on wet or dry hair (my advice is to do it before you take a shower on dry hair). The next thing you have to do is to brush you hair so the mask gets to every part of your hair. Apply it on your hair with your hands generously and put it up in a bun. What you can do to make the mask soak in your hair faster is to put a shower cap on your head and a towel over it so the heat can help the ingredients do their magic, or you can just blow dry it which will do the same thing. Stay with the mask on between 30 minutes and an hour and wash with you regular shampoo and conditioner. You will see how much better you hair will look and feel even after the first aplication!
To make the effect last, change a bit your diet and provide yourself enough Vitamins in order to make your hair healthy. In addition, use heat less and leave your hair to air dry to prevent dryness and split ends.
Here is one great idea for an elegant chignon, which will go perfectly with that fancy dress you bought yesterday. Take a look:
- First of all, you have to brush your hair nicely to the back. Apply a smoother in order to keep the hairs from flying around and ruining the whole hairstyle.
- So, grab two strands from the area above your ears and twist them.
- Then lock them to the back of the head with bobby pins.
- Now take the rest of the hair and roll it up to the bobby pins. Secure it with another set of bobby pins.
All done. Enjoy the look!
The perfect way to protect your hair from the damaging properties of the hot shower water and the constant washing is to use a dry shampoo. How to apply it:
- Part your hair. Spritz or put at the roots, rub with fingers.
- Sweep the hair and make another part – repeat the application and the rubbing.
- Keep doing that routine until you cover the roots of the whole hair. Rub with fingers and brush constantly both with your fingers and your brush.
- You have to make sure that the white powder is all gone along with the oil.
A bonus: Do that procedure before going to bed if you know that your hair will be greasy in the morning, that’s how the white powder will disappear completely.