Magic Salt Sock
Ear infections are one of the worst things to deal with as a child and not only, they can be very painful. Sometimes, us, adults, have huge problems with dealing with the pain not to mention kids or people who are more sensitive. It is quite difficult to find something fast to ease an ear pain, but not impossible. Even if the best thing to do when ear infections appear is to go to a doctor, we have a quick solution for you that helps easing pain and discomfort created by them. So, use this, but don’t forget that the most advised thing to do in this case is to go to a doctor.
What you will need:
– white socks;
– 1 – 1.5 cups of Coarse Sea Salt and it has to be this type because otherwise it will seep out through the fabric;
– clean pan.
1. Take the pan and put it on the stove to medium heat.
2. Put the Coarse Sea Salt into the sock and tie a knot at the end so it doesn’t come out.
3. Place the sock in the pan and heat it. Be careful not to overheat, you don’t want to burn yourself or anybody else. Usually, you won’t need more that 5-6 minutes for that.
4. Place the sock on the ear with problems and you will feel in a few minutes how much good it will make. If you have fever don’t try to push it down, it is the bodies natural process to kill the bacteria.
The minerals from the salt retain the heat and release the pressure from inside the ear. In a few words the salt sock will ease the pain like magic!
Photo courtesy: patchoguechiropractic.